The U.S. segment of the Blue Sky Awards is sponsored by the American Forest & Paper Association and TAPPI. The top 2 U.S. finalists will advance to the international competition, hosted by the International Council of Forest & Paper Associations.
The application deadline is July 1, 2022. Please submit your application using the webform below.
- Applicants must be students or researchers who are 30 years old or younger on March 1, 2022.
- Applicants must be carrying out research and innovation projects relevant for forestry, forest products, and/or forest products processing technologies.
- Applicants must have links to academia, public or private research centers, and/or corporate research and innovation departments.
Up to 3 awards will be presented for the U.S. Blue Sky Young Researchers and Innovation Award:
- The top finalist will receive $1,500 and the opportunity to present their research at AF&PA’s Presidents Forum.
- The 2nd and 3rd finalists will receive $500 each.
- The top 2 finalists will advance to the international Blue Sky Award competition.
International awards are presented to 3 worthy recipients from around the world. The 3 winners will have the opportunity to share their projects at the ICFPA CEO Global Roundtable in April/May 2023 (at a location to be confirmed in late 2022).
|April 28, 2022||Applications open for U.S. Blue Sky Awards|
|July 1, 2022||Deadline to apply for U.S. Blue Sky Awards|
|By August 31, 2022||U.S. Blue Sky Award Finalists selected; up to 2 U.S. finalists advanced to the international competition|
|By January 30, 2023||
International Blue Sky Award Finalists selected
|April/May 2023 (TBD)||Presentations and International Blue Sky Awards – ICFPA CEO Roundtable|
2022-2023 Theme: Building a Lower Carbon Economy with Climate Positive Forestry and Forest Products
Seeking research projects that promote innovation and decarbonization in the forest products sector either in the forest, at production facilities, along the supply chain, or via product innovation.
Applications must include a one-page CV, Project Summary (550 words maximum), and 1 letter of support. Please contact Jamie Tiralla, Director, Strategic Communications if you have any questions, Jamie_Tiralla@afandpa.org.
Award Application deadline: July 1, 2022