CONTACT: Jessica McFaul
(202) 463-2436, email@example.com
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its March 2014 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 2 percent in March compared to March 2013, with increases in year-over-year shipments in uncoated mechanical and coated freesheet grades.
- Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments in March decreased 6 percent compared to March 2013. Year-to-date shipments are down 7 percent in 2014.
- March coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments increased 4 percent, the first year-over-year increase in eight months. Year-to-date shipments of coated freesheet grades are essentially flat compared to 2013.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments also increased 4 percent in March, the sixth year-over-year increase in the past seven months. Year-to-date shipments of UM are up 2 percent compared to 2013.
- Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in March decreased 4 percent compared to March 2013 to 237,000 tons. Imports of CM through February were down 9 percent relative to the same period in 2013.
The report can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures about $210 billion in products annually, and employs nearly 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 47 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.