CONTACT: Jessica McFaul
(202) 463-2436, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON – The American Forest & Paper Association has released its July 2014 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 6 percent in July compared to July 2013, with total paper inventories declining 1 percent compared to June.
• Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments in July decreased 10 percent compared to July 2013. YTD shipments are down 8 percent in 2014. Imports of UFS increased year-over-year for the eighth consecutive month and were up 20 percent in 2014, with imports from Indonesia having doubled relative to the same six months in 2013.
• July coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments increased 1 percent compared to 2013. YTD shipments of coated freesheet grades are down 1 percent and imports through June are down 2 percent.
• Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments increased 7 percent in July, the sixth consecutive month of year-over-year increases. Year-to-date shipments of UM are up 4 percent compared to 2013.
• Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in July decreased 11 percent relative to July 2013 and are down 6 percent for the year. Imports of CM in June were down 17 percent compared to June 2013 and CM exports increased 33 percent year-over-year in June but are down 2 percent YTD.
The report can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures about $210 billion in products annually, and employs nearly 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 47 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.