CONTACT: Jessica McFaul
(202) 463-2436, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its November 2014 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 8 percent in November compared to November 2013, with total paper inventories increasing 5 percent compared to October.
• Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments in November decreased 14 percent compared to November 2013. YTD shipments were down 9 percent in 2014. Imports of UFS increased 27 percent in October and were up 23 percent year-to-date in 2014.
• November coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments decreased 3 percent compared to 2013. YTD shipments of coated freesheet grades decreased 3 percent. Exports of CFS papers were down 4 percent for the year compared to the first 10 months of 2013, with imports increasing 17 percent in October and 4 percent for the year.
• Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments decreased 1 percent in November, following ninth consecutive months of year-over-year increases. Year-to-date shipments of UM were up 4 percent compared to 2013.
• Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in November decreased 4 percent relative to November 2013 and were down 4 percent for the year. Exports of CM grades decreased 9 percent year-over-year in October but were up 6 percent compared to the first 10 months of 2013. Imports were down 18 percent year-to-date.
The report can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures about $210 billion in products annually, and employs nearly 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 47 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.