CONTACT: Jessica McFaul
(202) 463-2436, email@example.com
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its February 2015 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 5 percent in February compared to February 2014, with inventory levels essentially unchanged from January.
- Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments in February decreased 7 percent compared to February 2014. Imports of UFS decreased 10 percent year-over-year in January, following 14 consecutive months of increases.
- February coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments decreased 1 percent compared to February 2014. Imports of CFS papers increased 10 percent in January compared to January 2014, the ninth consecutive year-over-year increase.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments increased 1 percent in February, the second consecutive month increase. Imports of UM papers were down 14 percent in January.
- Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in February decreased 8 percent relative to February 2014, with the lowest level of shipments since 1995. Exports of CM increased 16 percent in January, the first increase in the past four months.
The report can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures over $200 billion in products annually, and employs approximately 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 47 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.