CONTACT: Jessica McFaul
(202) 463-2436, email@example.com
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its April 2015 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 6 percent in April compared to April 2014, with inventory levels increasing 1 percent from March.
- Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments in April decreased 3 percent compared to April 2014. Imports of UFS increased 3 percent year-over-year in March.
- April coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments decreased 9 percent compared to April 2014. Imports of CFS papers increased 13 percent in March, the tenth year-over-year increase in the last 12 months.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments decreased 9 percent when compared with April 2014. Imports of UM papers were down 11 percent in March, the ninth consecutive monthly decline.
- Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in April decreased 11 percent relative to April 2014. Imports of CM were down 8 percent in March and exports increased by 29 percent, the third consecutive increase.
The complete report with detailed tables, charts, and historical data can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448.
# # # The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures over $200 billion in products annually, and employs approximately 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 47 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.