CONTACT: Chuck Fuqua
(202) 463-2436, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its September 2015 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report released on October 22, 2015, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 4 percent in September compared to September 2014. Total printing-writing paper inventory levels decreased 4 percent from August.
- Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments were slightly ahead (less than 1 percent) of comparable shipments in September 2014, the second increase in the past four months. Imports of UFS decreased 25 percent year-over-year in August.
- September coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments decreased 1 percent compared to September 2014. Imports of CFS papers increased 15 percent in August, the fifth year-over-year increase in the past six months.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments decreased 7 percent when compared with September 2014. Imports of UM papers were down 15 percent in August, the fourteenth consecutive monthly decline.
- Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in September decreased 18 percent relative to September 2014. Imports of CM increased in August, up 18 percent, the fourth year-over-year increase in the past six months.
The complete report with detailed tables, charts, and historical data can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures over $200 billion in products annually, and employs approximately 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 47 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.