CONTACT: Jorrian Whaley
(202) 463-2436, email@example.com
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its November 2015 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report released on Dec. 20, 2015, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 1 percent in November compared to November 2014. Total printing-writing paper inventory levels were essentially flat compared to October.
- Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments increased 8 percent relative to shipments in November 2014, the third increase in the past six months. Imports of UFS decreased 31 percent year-over-year in October and down 10 percent YTD compared to 2014.
- November coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments decreased 3 percent compared to November 2014. Imports of CFS papers decreased 4 percent in October, the third year-over-year decrease in the past four months.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments decreased 4 percent when compared with November 2014. Imports of UM papers were down 14 percent in October, the sixteenth consecutive monthly decline.
- Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in November decreased 22 percent relative to November 2014. Imports of CM increased in October by 26 percent compared to the same period last year and are up 12 percent YTD.
The complete report with detailed tables, charts, and historical data can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures over $200 billion in products annually, and employs approximately 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 47 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.