CONTACT: Jorrian Whaley
(202) 463-2436, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its March 2016 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report released on April 27, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 4 percent in March compared to March 2015. Total printing-writing paper inventory decreased 2 percent from February levels.
- Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments decreased for the first time in 2016, down 1 percent relative to shipments in March 2015. UFS imports were down 19 percent year-over-year in February.
- March coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments decreased 8 percent compared to March 2015. Imports of CFS papers increased 12 percent in February with exports up 2 percent year-over-year.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments decreased 8 percent when compared with March 2015. Imports of UM papers were down 2 percent in February while exports of UM in February increased 56 percent compared to the previous year.
- Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in March decreased 4 percent when compared to March 2015. Imports of CM decreased 14 percent in February compared to February 2015.
The complete report with detailed tables, charts and historical data can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures over $200 billion in products annually, and employs approximately 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 47 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.