CONTACT: Jorrian Whaley
(202) 463-2436, email@example.com
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its June 2016 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report released on July 21 total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 6 percent in June compared to June 2015. Total printing-writing paper inventory increased 2 percent from May levels.
- Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments decreased 5 percent compared to June 2015. UFS imports were down 41percent year-over-year in May with exports down 17 percent.
- June coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments increased 1 percent compared to June 2015. Imports of CFS papers decreased 21 percent in May with exports down 8 percent year-over-year.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments increased slightly in June, up just less than 1 percent when compared with June 2015, the first year-over-year increase in the past sixteen months. Imports of UM papers were down 7 percent in May while exports of UM in May decreased 23 percent compared to the previous year.
- Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in June decreased 19 percent when compared to June 2015. Imports of CM increased 6 percent in May compared to May 2015 with exports down 41 percent.
The complete report with detailed tables, charts and historical data can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures over $200 billion in products annually, and employs approximately 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 45 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.