CONTACT: Jorrian Whaley
(202) 463-2436, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its July 2016 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report released on Aug. 23, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 8 percent in July compared to July 2015. Total printing-writing paper inventory increased 4 percent from June levels.
- Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments decreased 8 percent compared to July 2015. UFS imports were down 37 percent year-over-year in June with exports down 22 percent.
- June coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments increased 1 percent compared to July 2015. Imports of CFS papers decreased 11 percent in June with exports increasing 9 percent year-over-year.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments decreased 19 percent in July compared to July 2015, the sixth year-over-year decrease in 2016. Imports of UM papers were down 26 percent in June while exports of UM in June increased 5 percent compared to the previous year.
- Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in July decreased 14 percent when compared to July 2015. Imports of CM increased 9 percent in June compared to June 2015 with exports down 11 percent.
The complete report with detailed tables, charts and historical data can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures over $200 billion in products annually, and employs approximately 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 45 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.