Contact: Katharine Eaton
(202) 463-2436, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON – The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) is now accepting U.S. applications for the Blue Sky Young Researchers Innovation Award. Sponsored by the International Council of Forest and Paper Associations (ICFPA), this awards program focuses on research and development as well as showcasing significant innovations in science and technology in the forest and paper industry.
The theme of the inaugural awards program is Game Changing Technologies for the Forest and Paper Industry – Unfolding the Potentials of Forest, Paper and Wood-based Products. Subcategories include, but are not limited to:
- Future Generation Forestry: forest tree breeding and biotechnology; precision forestry; measurements and inventory.
- Innovation in the Forest-based Industry: analysis and properties of pulp and paper; facilities, instrument and process control; bioproducts and wood chemistry; recycling, deinking and environment; timber for construction; material substitution with wood.
Winners will have the opportunity to present their projects to a roundtable of global forest and paper industry CEOs in Berlin, Germany in May 2017.
Award Application Requirements
Applicants should be 30 years old or under. The application package should include the following items:
- Short CV (one page maximum)
- Statement of purpose including:
One Letter of Support
- 500 words; double spacing; font Calibri 12
- Description of project
- Summary of Methodology
- Expected results
- Relevance to forest products industry
- How it fits with the selected theme
- What makes it innovative
The deadline for submitting applications is December 1, 2016.
Email complete application packets and/or requests for further information about the program to AF&PA Manager of Environmental Policy Katie Missimer at email@example.com.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures over $200 billion in products annually, and employs approximately 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 45 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.