Our essential products are used daily by people across the country and around the world. Products such as:
- cardboard boxes
- bathroom tissue
- copy paper
- milk and juice cartons
- cereal boxes
- paper towels
- medical supplies
- plywood and lumber
- baby diapers
- cellulose in computer screens, textiles and time-release medicine
Our industry is a source of year- round, well-paying jobs in many rural American communities. Our member’s facilities often serve as the largest employer in these towns and counties.
- The forest products industry is a major national employer. The industry is among the top 10 manufacturing employers in 45 states.
- Forest products jobs create additional wealth in their communities. While employing nearly 950,000 in the industry, more than 2 million jobs are supported through the supply chain.
- The forest products industry is a major contributor to the national economy, representing approximately 4% of U.S. manufacturing GDP.
- Forest products facilities have an effect on local communities. More than 75% of all U.S. pulp and paper mills are located in counties that are more than 80% rural.