The go-to source for politics and issues important to the paper and wood products industry at the federal and state level.
AF&PA wants to keep you up-to-date on all of the action on Capitol Hill as well as on the state level regarding the forest products industry.
Government and marketplace policy can dramatically affect business success. By joining AF&PA, you gain a seat at the table, with the power to influence decision and a voice in advocacy. You also have access to essential functions that deliver value, saving your organization time and resources:
- Industry research, data collection and reports
- Insights from AF&PA staff with expertise in the fields of science, public policy, government affairs, communications and industry statistics
- Events, networking, and professional learning opportunities
- Advocacy leadership on critical issues both in the legislative and policy arenas
Interested in learning more about our benefits and joining the association?
Fill out this contact form:
Ready to join AF&PA? Any person, firm, or corporation, engaged in the business of growing trees and/or manufacturing pulp, paper, packaging, tissue, wood, or related products in the United States of America or Canada qualifies for company membership.
To remain relevant in today’s fast-paced world, associations must work to advance industry matters, collaborate on events and programs and network with industry peers. Organizations looking to shape the future, can join as association members at one of two levels:
- General: Regional or national associations that represent persons, firms or corporations engaged directly, indirectly or interested in the business of manufacturing pulp, paper, packaging, tissue, wood and/or growing trees in the United States.
- State-Level: State associations that represent persons, firms or corporations engaged directly, indirectly or interested in the business of manufacturing pulp, paper, packaging, tissue, wood and/or growing trees in the United States.
With AF&PA’s Associate Membership, you can have access to industry experts, receive discounts on statistical reports and stay informed of the latest news and developments impacting the industry.
Companies interested in participating in select AF&PA activities, but who do not qualify for company membership can join as associate members. This membership class includes converters, merchants, distributors and other businesses related to the pulp, paper, packaging and wood products industry.
Partner Supplier Associate Members
Companies that provide material, equipment, technology or services to the paper and wood products industry are important stakeholders in our industry’s success and qualify as associate partner supplier members. Partner suppliers have exclusive sponsorship and networking opportunities like AFPA’s annual, premier, invitation-only President Forum conference.
Our value-based dues system was created to provide a direct relationship between the value you receive, and the dues you pay.
Here’s how it works:
- Companies pay for issues and projects based upon relevance to their business.
- Relevance is determined by product sales and raw material use.
- Factors are developed and changes approved by AF&PA's Board of Directors.
- The value-based dues system allows us to clearly communicate to each member company what issues and programs their dues dollars support.