Here’s How to Recycle Your Cardboard Boxes
Question: Is this cardboard box recyclable?
Answer: YES, cardboard is built to be recycled. In fact, cardboard packaging can be recycled 5 to 7 times!
Recycle Cardboard Boxes Right
Here’s how to do it right:
- First, empty your box to remove packing materials, such as Styrofoam or packing peanuts
- Flatten your cardboard box to save space
- Put it in the recycling bin
Now, wasn’t that easy? Pro tip: Ensure your box is dry and clean. Even if it gets wet, it can still be recycled once dried
Cardboard Recycling Tips
A few additional things to keep in mind when recycling cardboard:
- Dented, ripped and damaged cardboard can still be recycled
- You do not have to remove tape or labels – the recycling process will remove these for you
- Milk, juice, and cereal boxes can all be recycled, if clean
Always check your local guidelines for how they want your boxes.
Want to learn more about recycling? See all of our Recycling Q&As.