AF&PA Releases April 2022 Printing-Writing Monthly Report
CONTACT: Tim Ebner
(202) 463-2587, email@example.com
WASHINGTON – The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) released its April 2022 Printing-Writing Monthly report.
According to the report, total printing-writing paper shipments remained essentially flat (+0.3 percent) in April compared to April 2021. U.S. purchases of total printing-writing papers increased two percent in April compared to the same month last year. Total printing-writing paper inventory levels increased one percent when compared to March 2022.
- U.S. purchases of uncoated free sheet (UFS) papers in April increased one percent compared to last April while the inventory level increased one percent compared to March 2022. UFS imports increased 12 percent while exports decreased 26 percent in March 2022.
- Coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments increased five percent compared to April 2021 while the inventory level increased two percent compared to March 2022. CFS imports increased 16 percent while exports decreased ten percent in March 2022.
- U.S. purchases of coated mechanical (CM) papers in April decreased 21 percent compared to last April while the inventory level increased six percent compared to March 2022. CM imports and exports both decreased compared to March 2021, down 21 percent and nine percent respectively.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments increased 15 percent compared to April 2021 while the inventory level increased one percent compared to March 2022. UM imports increased 13 percent while exports remained essentially flat (-0.1 percent) in March 2022.
A subscription to the complete report with detailed tables, charts and historical data can be purchased by contacting Kory Bockman at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-4716.
# # #