AF&PA Releases June 2022 Printing-Writing Monthly Report
CONTACT: Tim Ebner
(202) 463-2436, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON – The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) released its June 2022 Printing-Writing Monthly report.
According to the report, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 2% in June compared to June 2021. U.S. purchases of total printing-writing papers increased 3% in June compared to the same month last year. Total printing-writing paper inventory levels decreased 2% when compared to May 2022.
- U.S. purchases of uncoated free sheet (UFS) papers in June increased 2% compared to last June while the inventory level decreased 2% compared to May 2022. UFS imports increased 18% while exports decreased 20% in May 2022.
- Coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments increased 2% compared to June 2021 while the inventory level decreased 1% compared to May 2022. CFS imports increased 10% while exports decreased 1% in May 2022.
- U.S. purchases of coated mechanical (CM) papers in June decreased 16% compared to last June while the inventory level decreased 8% compared to May 2022. CM imports and exports both decreased compared to May 2021, down 16% and 19% respectively.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments increased 28% compared to June 2021 while the inventory level decreased 4% compared to May 2022. UM imports increased 8% while exports decreased 30% in May 2022.
A subscription to the complete report with detailed tables, charts and historical data can be purchased by contacting Kory Bockman at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-4716.