AF&PA Releases Q1 2023 Containerboard Quarterly Report
CONTACT: Tim Ebner / Clara Cozort
(202) 463-2436, email@example.com
WASHINGTON – The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) released its Q1 2023 Containerboard Quarterly report.
According to the report, total Containerboard production in the first quarter of 2023 decreased 10% when compared to Q1 2022.
- All containerboard grades experienced operating rate increases relative to Q4 2022.
- Liner grades had a combined quarterly operating rate of 83.5%, up from 78.7%, while Medium grades were at 90.9%, up from 86.1%.
- Export production in Q1 was 22.9% higher than the previous quarter, but trailed Q1 2022 production by 23.5%.
- Mill inventories dropped below 400,000 short tons for the first time since September 2021.
The complete report with detailed tables, charts and historical data can be purchased by contacting Kory Bockman at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-4716.
# # #